Thursday, February 08, 2007

Twitching the night Away

I've had a slight twitch since January. I don't think anyone else can see it. It's just small muscular spasm, like the ones you get when you're just about to fall asleep. It only happens when i'm sitting or lying down. I asked the doctor if it's a side effect of the medication. She said it's more likely to be a side effect of the anxiety.
I haven't put my half a stone back on either.
Come on! Who's got my half a stone?? I need it back!
I also woke up running in the middle of the night last Sunday. I was peddling like mad. Like when you're at the bottom of a pool and you know you're running out of air.

Anyway, I'm finally going to London to see N and Dimitri. Back on Tuesday. Let you know if there's anything to report.

4 comments:

savoir_vivre said...

read some of your posts, enjoyed the subtle humour in them. I wanted to ask one thing related to this so called racist incident on the TV show, if you dont mind.
Back in India, shilpa shetti is made out to be a high profile victim of this uninhibited behaviour with a huge outcry echoing even in the Indian parliament.
Firstly, is it really true on general for Britain( I for one dont think so, had it been germany for example i wouldn't find it hard to believe but I always saw british society very tolerant and non-racist). Secondly, considering the sensitive issue; was it blown out of proportions, thus drawing out some sinister meanings of otherwise unintended remarks.

cathy said...

I've got about 20lbs going spare.
wish I could post you some.As for
anxiety try camomile tea it works,
Iuse it as an antedote to my mother in law.

nina chadwick said...

Hello mr.vivre.
I don't think Britain or any country is a racist country. Individuals or actions can be racist, but this must be true everywhere.
It was blown out of proportion (that's what BB does), but it raised some good debates on the nature of an inherrent racism that might exist in people (exclusive of race, education, class). Maybe the programme makers predicted this, or maybe they were just 'lucky' that the debate spread worldwide.
i don't think Shilpa allowed herself to be a victim.

nina chadwick said...

mr. vivre, i should have said 'in Britain' not 'of Britain'. You are right, it's all about grammar.