Sunday, April 22, 2007

32 days after ditching Prozac

and i feel okay, in fact, i'm basking in the glow of surviving without them. I realise this could be a false independence as my serotonin levels will remain elevated for a while yet, but who knows i may be able to keep them up all by myself! I'm thinking of taking up running, and if my external circumstances improve that may be enough to keep me going (this has happened before). I just need a few breaks in my creative-life/career/ love-life, or any one of those would do actually.
I am no longer twitching. I am not waking up in the middle of the night. I'm still having some of that numerical dyslexia. That dark colouring around my eyes has gone-other people have commented on this. I think i may have put my half a stone back on. i am not plagued by disproportionate fears about my health or my future in general. I am showing an incredible ability to think about today and maybe tomorrow but not much further than that. I have realised that i am most happy when i am NOT 'multi-tasking'. Does anyone have a word for just focusing on one thing at a time? For doing it and doing it well, and for feeling unequivocally satisfied with that activity, both for it's own sake and for the end or on-going product?
I think it's time that we start inventing our own words to replace that corporate bullshit that is invading the minds of ordinary people and distracting them from free thought.
Any more words or phrases that the world would be better without? Lets have a bonfire....

3 comments:

*snake*bite* said...

I think the word you might be looking for or the word i would personally use is concentration as for the other word i would say Happiness within ones self.

xXx

*snake*bite* said...

I think the word that i would use for doing one thing at once and seeing it through is concentration.

And the word i would use for being satisfied would be happiness.

It is a nice feeling to achieve such things.

xXx

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear someone else's experiences of ditching the Prozac. I did it in secret, against doctor's advice, and found the sudden absence of the delightful sweating, spots, twitching, and the reappearance of my appetite and sex drive did wonders for my mental health and confidence. Well done, hope things are still going well, and all the best.